Sri Lankan nation has experienced more than three decades of civil war, that made hundred thousands of citizens disabled with many impairments who require special care. Amputees due to landmines, accidents as well as diabetics have been increased to a greater extent. With high percentage of elderly community compared to the youth, and children born with impairments required to be catered to. Addressing those major issues mainly in Southern Province, Navajeevana has specialized units to offer assistive devices for them to lead a decent life:
- A fully equipped centre for fabrication of Prosthetic & Orthotic devices and shoes for diabetic patients.
- Audio-testing service and referral system to acquire hearing aids
- A low vision centre established in partnership with Centre for Sight – Kandy with facilities for vision testing, training and referrals for devices for low-vision clients
- A service to supply adjustable wheelchairs (a collaborative project with Motivation), and other assistive devices such as crutches, walkers for required persons recommended by Rehabilitation Therapy.
- A mobile workshop for device repair in the community
The centre operates on cost-recovery basis, and you could join our efforts by financing fully or partly the cost of especially P & O devices to support those who cannot afford to purchase. For further details and/or appointments please contact the Head of the Unit through phone – 047 2242718 or 047 2241345 or send us an email: